Social Styles are behaviors which once understood, can
improve the ability to relate to other people for mutual benefit.
They are not about manipulating but facilitating by understanding,
respecting and responding to other people’s preferred way of
This workshop was created to share this knowledge with potential
hiring managers and ensure successful hires, improve performance,
engage employees and create productive working relationships.
are the Social Styles?
Social Styles --
Responsiveness vs. Assertiveness
Keys to Assessing other people’s Social Style
Determining a complimentary Social Style for the team
Flexing to accommodate a difficult hire
Setting accurate goals and expectations
(training at Stanford Hospital)
"Building Balanced Teams"
This is the
full series of workshops where our professional team delivers Social
Style training to enhance team synergy, reduce turnover, and improve
productivity and morale.
Understanding the Social Styles of your Team before
Understanding Social Styles, self evaluation
- Learning our own social styles. Amiable-Expressive-Analytical-Driver
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Three keys to assessing other’s style
Understanding your Social Styles before you hire
- Team assessment tool
- Determining the appropriate style to hire
- Flexing to accommodate a difficult hire
Interviewing Techniques …
- Quickly assessing the social styles of the interviewee or interviewer
- Getting prepared to meet with an opposing social style
- Adapting your own social style to maximize exchange of information
Managing and leading according…
- How to maximize strengths
- How to support areas of challenge
- Team building; institutionalizing respect
Motivating and retaining…
- Top ten retention strategies
- Analyzing your team
- Developing strategies to reach every style
Social Styles under stress
- The Transformation
- Predicting the outcome
- Putting an action plan into place
Flexing to Accommodate Difficult Personalities
- Diversity is enriching but it requires understanding
- Can’t change your own style but you can adapt your behavior
- Assertiveness versus Responsiveness
are conducted in half day segments on-site or at our conference
facility. All workshops include a self evaluation tool and an
assessment profile. Request a fee schedule.
of Upcoming Social Styles Training Workshops:
September 4th, 2008 - 5:30pm to 6:30pm
“Practical Do's and Don'ts of Interviewing, Bridging the Social Styles Gap"
Presented by: Cristina Gomez, Managing Partner, Advantage
About the Trainer, Cristina Gomez
Cristina Gomez is the Founder and Managing Director of
Advantage Personnel Inc. established in 1988. She contributes her
success of 19-years in the staffing industry to her thorough
understanding of the Social Styles Module.
She has trained other staffing services, trade associations, and
both profit and non-profit organizations on how to increase
retention, build loyalty amongst employees, and develop an engaged
and productive staff.
Cristina holds a BA in English from the University of Law in Buenos
Aires, Argentina and serves on the Membership Board of Silicon
Valley Association of Startups and Entrepreneurs (SVASE).