Skill Enhancement Workshop Series XIX
Advantage Personnel, Inc.
Liberty Benefit Insurance Services
We are pleased to present the next workshop in our series:
Thursday, November 18th, 8:00 am to 10:30 am
(See below for the full seminar agenda and meeting information)
“Cobra- The Final Rules”
How do the new Notice Regulations affect you?
Learn How To:
· Change your general notice and election notices to comply with the new notification rule.
· Create new notices for unavailability of coverage and early termination.
· Adopt reasonable procedures for employees to provide notice of a qualifying event.
· Institute the new time limit for qualified beneficiaries to provide notice of a qualifying event.
· Start abiding by the clarified notification delivery rules.
The new rules require plan administrators to review and revise existing COBRA notice forms and develop two new notices. The deadline for compliance is the first day of the first plan year beginning on or after November 28, 2004. Therefore, most group health plans (those that follow a calendar year) will be required to comply beginning on January 1, 2005.
Presented by James E. Deyo III, MBA, Vice President of COBRA Plus Administrators, Inc. and Principal/Director of Marketing for Pacific Benefit Consultants, Inc.
Jim has been involved in the employee benefits field since 1976. Jim holds a B.S., degree in Human Resources Management and a Master’s degree in Financial Planning. He previously help positions as Benefits Manager for an international company with over 16,000 employees, a Regional Claims Manager for a Third Party Administrator, and a Consultant and Benefits Software Designer for a national benefits consulting firm. He is a member of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and a previous instructor of the Certified Employee Benefits Specialist Program.
SEATING IS LIMITED
Thursday, November 18th , 8:00 am to 10:30 am
Continental Breakfast is provided
FULL SEMINAR AGENDA AND MEETING INFORMATION